Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sandra Bullock Backs Out Of German 'Blind Side' Premiere

A Berlin premiere of "The Blind Side" has reportedly been canceled due to Academy Award-winning actress Sandra Bullock's withdrawal from the event.

According to Us Weekly, a Warner Bros. representative confirmed that Bullock's cancellation led to the event being called off. This is the second international red-carpet appearance Bullock, 45, has canceled in less than a week, having declined to participate in a London premiere scheduled for Wednesday. That screening is expected to proceed without Bullock's involvement.

The Oscar winner's decision to remove herself from these press events for "The Blind Side" comes amid allegations that husband Jesse James has been involved in an 11-month affair with model Michelle "Bombshell" McGee. James, 40, spoke out about the controversy in a statement issued last week.

"The vast majority of the allegations reported are untrue and unfounded. Beyond that, I will not dignify these private matters with any further public comment," James said. "There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way. This has caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension, and I am extremely saddened to have brought this on them. I am truly very sorry for the grief I have caused them. I hope one day they can find it in their hearts to forgive me."

Bullock has yet to make a public appearance since the allegations surfaced earlier this month.