Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning 'Really Excited' About 'Eclipse' Trailer

HOLLYWOOD — On Thursday night at the Cinerama Dome, Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning arrived to greet shrieking fans and unveil their new rock and roll biopic "The Runaways." As it turns out, that was their second major release of the day.

Earlier in the afternoon, the first official trailer for "Eclipse" was leaked, whipping Twilighters into a frenzy as they analyzed the footage frame-by-frame, looking for clues about the eagerly anticipated June 30 installment of the franchise. And although Kristen was there to talk about Joan rather than Bella, and Dakota was in Cherie mode rather than channeling Jane, both found it hard to suppress their excitement.

"Yeah, I saw it," KStew said of the dazzling 90-second first look at the third "Twilight" movie. "It's really fast and it's really quick."

While millions of people were glimpsing the footage over and over again (in L.A., the tease for the 11 o'clock news even featured it), Fanning sheepishly admitted that she was just happy she had made the clip.

"Yeah, I am surprised I am in it," the 15-year-old Volturi admitted, citing her brief shot strolling across a field and saying of Bella, "She's still human; the Volturi don't give second chances."

"I can't give it away, but I am in two scenes this time," Fanning admitted of her limited role in the movie. "I wasn't expecting [to see myself in the trailer]. But it's really great."

Before they went into the theater to premiere "The Runaways," Kristen told us that when she first saw the "Eclipse" trailer she found herself watching it like a fan.

"I was like, 'Oh, OK,' " Stewart remembered of trying to take in all the quick cuts. "It was like watching stills. It's hard for me to watch stuff, and initially my reaction is always a little strange.

"But I'm really excited," summed up KStew, undoubtedly voicing the opinion of Twilighters everywhere. "I want to see more!"

Check out everything we've got on "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.



Jeff Beck denies being Spinal Tap inspirationKristen Stewart Wants ‘Eclipse’ Trailer To Show ‘Battle Stuff’