Thursday, March 19, 2009

T.I. Says Chris Brown Won't Be Removed From 'Takers' Marketing Campaign

In the wake of Chris Brown's alleged altercation with girlfriend Rihanna, the superstar singer has gained support from a number of artists, including Akon, Lil Mama and now T.I.

The Atlanta rapper debunked recent rumors that Brown would be removed from promotional duties for their upcoming movie "Takers," which was originally titled "Bone Deep."

"Nah man, that can't be further from the truth," Tip told RapRadar.com. "There's no validity to that statement. I'm [an executive producer] on the movie and I ain't put forth no sort of order or request, man. And personally, it's very, very premature to jump to such a conclusion given that none of these matters have been resolved. No one has been tried or convicted or nothing like that. I'm not going to jump to no conclusions. I'm not going to. I think that's unfair 'cause that's what people did with me, and I'm not going to do that."

Along with T.I. — who is expected to enter prison later this month — the heist flick also features a number of prominent actors, including Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen. During production of the movie last September, MTV News visited the set, where Rihanna was visiting Brown. Although the two have reportedly rekindled their romance, rumors swirled that Brown's film career may take a dive as a result of the domestic abuse charges against him. Some sponsors, such as Wrigley, have suspended ad campaigns featuring Brown, and a number of radio stations have pulled his records.

The next Hollywood project lined up for Brown is "Phenom," a basketball tale that is currently in development.

Brown talked excitedly about "Phenom" to MTV News back in 2007.

"'Phenom' is in the works, and I have a couple other movies I'm looking forward to doing in the future," he said. "I'm hopefully getting to work with Jerry Bruckheimer [on another project]. I'm doing something real big, hopefully. Hopefully, we'll do something. We're talking to his people, we've met a couple times, and he's excited. Hopefully it will be something real good."

The T.I.-produced "Takers" is scheduled for an early 2010 release.




Eminem Pins Down Relapse Release Date
(E! Online)

Jonas Brothers Wish Stevie Wonder Had Been In ‘3D’
Juan Antonio Bayona To Direct ‘Eclipse’?