The young man charged in the stabbing death of 18-year-old "Harry Potter" actor Robert Knox has been convicted, The Associated Press is reporting.
Karl Bishop, 22, could face up to life in prison for the murder after a London jury found him guilty on Wednesday (March 4). Bishop had previous convictions for knife crimes.
Knox, who plays Ravenclaw student Marcus Belby in the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," was stabbed to death in a brawl outside of the Metro Bar in South East London last May. He was killed as he tried to protect his younger brother after Bishop, armed with two kitchen knives, attempted to enter the pub. The actor suffered five wounds — one of which fatally severed an artery in his chest — and died later that evening.
Knox had just finished shooting "Half-Blood Prince" at the time of the incident, and had already signed on to reprise the role in the seventh and final installment of the franchise, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."
In a statement read to the court, Knox's mother, Sally, said, "As a mother and parent, I can never forgive the person responsible for taking my son Robert's life, or the devastation that has been caused by these actions."
"Living my life without my son in it is like having a daily nightmare," Knox's father, Colin, said in a statement. "Those people that have nightmares will wake up in the morning and say, 'Thank God it was only a nightmare,' and their life returns to normal. The opposite is my new way of life. I live my nightmare daily ... I miss him so much it breaks my heart. All I have are memories to remember him by."
Madonna & Jesus’ Last (Night’s) Supper
‘Harry Potter’ Star Daniel Radcliffe Talks Obama, ‘Twilight’ Heartthrob Robert Pattinson