Saturday, February 28, 2009

Demi Lovato Wants To Be 'Funnier' In 'Camp Rock' Sequel

Demi Lovato may be one of the luckiest girls in the world. Not only has she starred with the Jonas Brothers in two movies, "Camp Rock" and "Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience," but very soon the Disney princess will be back on set with the guys for the sequel to "Camp Rock."

Although she's excited to get back to work on the sequel, she's still a bit fuzzy on the details. "I haven't seen the script yet," she told MTV News. "I know just as much as you do, and I don't even know when I'm filming it other than this fall."

Though Lovato has no control over what will happen to her character, Mitchie Torres, but she does have some ideas. "I'd like her to stay the same, maybe a little more true to herself," she said. "I guess funnier."

Before she hits the "Camp Rock" set again, she will be hard at work on the follow-up to her album, Don't Forget. "We just started working on the first few songs this week," she said. "It's kind of changing from rock to more soulful and has more bluesy songs, but at the same time it will have rock, but more myself."

Lovato added that the new album will reflect influences from singer-songwriters like James Morrison, John Mayer and John McLaughlin "It's definitely more mature," she said. "There's a lot more instruments. We haven't really done too much work on the album, so I can't really make a lot of observations. What I hope to hear is more music that comes from my heart."

With an album underway, that may mean Lovato's next tour could be the subject of her own 3-D concert movie. "I would like to [do one]! That'd be awesome," she said. But she did have one reservation about doing it: "I've got to remind myself not to sweat somehow, 'cause when you're onstage it might be kind of hard not to sling sweat at someone in 3-D!"

Check out everything we've got on "Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.




Demi Lovato Would Love To Sing On ‘New Moon’ Soundtrack
U2 gets week long gig on David Letterman show
(Reuters)

‘Twilight’ Director Catherine Hardwicke Tells Why She Turned Down ‘New Moon’