Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jennifer Aniston Couldn't Say No To 'Horrible Bosses'

In looking at the cast of "Horrible Bosses," it makes sense that funnymen like Jason Sudeikis, Charlie Day and Jason Bateman would be attached to a film that revolves around three guys trying to kill their three very horrible bosses. Even supporting players Kevin Spacey, Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx are folks who don't surprise us in taking on the raunchier territory that comes with an R rating. One castmember's name that did raise an eyebrow, however, is Jennifer Aniston, known throughout celeb-dom to be one of America's favorite TV and cinema sweethearts. In "Horrible Bosses," Aniston is anything but sweet. She plays Julia, a somewhat demented dentist who takes the definition of sexual harassment to whole new levels in her torture of employee Dale (played by Charlie Day). When MTV News caught up with the unexpected scene-stealer recently, we asked her how she decided to take on the foul-mouthed, sexually explicit role. "It wasn't a 'might.' There was never the word 'might' [involved in deciding to take the part]," Aniston said. "It was pretty much, 'How fast can I say yes? I will play this part.' "I'd never seen anything like this woman, and I couldn't imagine not doing it," Aniston explained, adding that she was happy to be approached for a role that is so different from those she is normally offered. "This stuff never comes my way," she said. Director Seth Gordon said he had Aniston in mind for the role from the get-go, largely because he knew of her comedic chops and wanted to see her play something unlike her iconic "Friends" character, Rachel Green. "I imagined her in that role the first time I read the script, and I can't explain why, but I just did," he said. "Obviously, I knew she was a great comedian, and I feel like I've always seen that she can do more than she's offered to do. A lot of stuff seems like a rehashing of Rachel in some way." When pressed to pick a favorite Aniston moment in the film, Gordon admitted that her first scene takes the cake because it's the first time you hear her get really raunchy. Without getting too explicit, in the scene, Aniston describes pleasuring herself to "Gossip Girl" star Penn Badgley. "Everyone's jaws hit the floor," he recalled. "You can imagine what it is like for her to say that, but when you first hear it, you are stunned. We just cackled. I definitely screwed up some takes when she was on set, because I would just burst out laughing and I couldn't help it. She's so funny." Check out everything we've got on "Horrible Bosses." For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com. Jennifer Aniston Photo: MTV News