Sunday, July 4, 2010

Peter Facinelli Shows Behind-The-Scenes 'Eclipse' Footage On 'Jimmy Kimmel'

When Peter Facinelli wasn't dazzling Jimmy Kimmel with tales of his Italian heritage on his talk show, he was dazzling "Twilight" fans with some behind-the-scenes footage he shot while making "Eclipse." In it, Facinelli is seen running on treadmills for the forest scenes in the film. How did he manage to get that footage? Well, he attached his phone to the truck that was attached to the treadmill.

"I have a bootleg copy of me doing my stunts. You don't want to do this at home for sure," he told Kimmel, who had spoken with Nikki Reed only the night before. "We were kind of strapped in, but if you fell forward, it would be ugly. You couldn't go anywhere 'cause you were kind of buckled in, but if I fell my face would hit the mat. They had us do that over and over and over. They need me for the next movie [so I don't think they're trying to kill me]."

Facinelli may have built up a tolerance to tough situations thanks to his dad, who made the "Twilight" star do yard work during family vacations. "We had this cabin in upstate New York and that was our summer getaway and it was like work camp," he recalled. "We'd go up there and he'd put me to work, so it was never fun."

An equally unfun memory from his childhood was the way his dad tried to get him to play the accordion. "My parents are from Italy originally," he said. "My dad tried to make me play the accordion. He plays the accordion. It was big and there's easier instruments to play. My dad carries that thing around to every party and I was the monkey. He doesn't play that well. Sorry, dad. It's a beast of an instrument and he only plays polka music."

Check out everything we've got on "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.



The Twilight Saga : Eclipse soundtrack revealed‘Eclipse’ Director David Slade Reveals Kristen Stewart’s Deleted Scenes