Thursday, July 1, 2010

'Eclipse' Fans Love Movie's Tent Scene, Faster Pace

We're not sure if you've heard, but "Eclipse" is out now. Fans all across the U.S.A were already lining up for midnight screenings on Tuesday night to be some of the first to catch the third film in the "Twilight Saga." MTV News caught up with New York City Twi-hards before the show, and we were also on hand to talk to Los Angeles fans as they streamed out of the theater.

The consensus among the West Coast Twilighters we spoke to is that David Slade's take on the vampire tale rocked.

"Best movie! It was actually the whole tent scene. Love the tent scene; it was a battle between Edward and Jacob. It was amazing! I loved it," Elisse Mendez raved to MTV News. "I would actually have to say this is one of the top films that has come out so far. 'Twilight' was good. 'New Moon' was good, but I think this was better. Jacob — this time around he was such an amazing actor."

Patrick Seitz said he had been hoping Slade would bring his prior vampire expertise to the film, and he wasn't disappointed. "I actually surprisingly liked it. I think this is the best of the bunch. I did [like the end], although I feel bad for Jacob because every time he does stuff, I know what's coming," he said. "I like the love triangle. I like the tension. I thought it was a good ending."

Morgan Jones admitted that the end made her cry. Her pal Heather Jones added, "Loved it. This one's so much better! I wish I could watch it again right now. The acting was better, the writing was better. There weren't so many long pauses. It was like it moved. It was an action film."

Fans named the long awaited tent scene and the film's conclusion as highlights. "The ending of the movie was really great," Carissa Odenberg said. "I want to see 'Breaking Dawn.' It makes you want to see the next one."

Her friend Anthony Ortiz continued, "It had a lot of action. Best movie so far of the 'Twilight Saga.' I like the details. All the detail was good. I really enjoyed it."

"It was awesome," Cary Lockwood said. "It was better than I thought it was going to be."

Angie Llorena added, "It was better than the first two combined. It got my adrenaline pumping. It was very cool, exciting."

Did you see "Eclipse" yet? Share your reviews in the comments!

Check out everything we've got on "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.



The Twilight Saga : Eclipse soundtrack revealed‘Eclipse’ Director David Slade Reveals Kristen Stewart’s Deleted Scenes