Thursday, December 24, 2009

Brittany Murphy, Ashton Kutcher Discuss Love In 2002

Back in 2002, Brittany Murphy, who died suddenly on Sunday, joined her "Just Married" co-star Ashton Kutcher for an interview with MTV News. The pair, who were reportedly dating at the time, eagerly discussed the film and each other.

During their sit-down with SuChin Pak, Murphy gushed over the chance to work with Kutcher, who said he helped her get the role because, being a "gigantic" fan of the "Clueless" star, he wanted to work with her. "There's always challenging days, but overall this was definitely the happiest, most delightful experience I ever had," Murphy said. "He makes me so happy. ... I couldn't possibly have had a better partner in crime."

To promote their rom-com, the pair also discussed their own rules for a successful marriage. Murphy noted that she felt honesty was a key part of any healthy relationship. "I think that's important to a successful life," she explained. "I have a problem with dishonestly in general. [Ashton and I are] both almost honest to an absurd extent. When you're a very, very honest person, they think that you're not honest. They almost think you're phony."

The actress added that she felt that being compatible in the bedroom is another important element of any good relationship. "I mean, to have a healthy sexual relationship with your partner, I think that's important," she said.

After news broke of Murphy's passing on Sunday, Kutcher expressed his sadness on Twitter, writing, "Today the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon. See you on the other side, kid."



George Michael admits to drug useFoul Play Not Suspected In Brittany Murphy’s Death