Tuesday, November 10, 2009

'New Moon' Star Jamie Campbell Bower Dreads Seeing Himself Onscreen

With his platinum-blond locks, blood-red eyes and ghost-pale complexion, the vampire Caius is quite a sight to behold. But the actor playing him in "New Moon," 20-year-old Jamie Campbell Bower, is not looking forward at all to taking in his big-screen counterpart.

"I hate that," he told MTV News. "I don't like to see myself up onscreen at all."

He's luckily been able to push off the cinematic confrontation, as he hasn't yet seen the whole film, unlike others in the cast. "They just won't show it to me!" he joked, adding that he's been so busy working, he hasn't had a chance to catch the full picture.

He did check out a couple of clips while at the International Rome Film Festival, alongside fellow Volturi Charlie Bewley (Demetri) and Cameron Bright (Alec). When he finally does slump down into his theater seat to watch the entirety of the second "Twilight" film — he said he'll be at the Los Angeles premiere on November 16 — Bower might just react the way he did while watching himself during an early screening of the upcoming AMC miniseries, "The Prisoner."

"I closed my eyes and was like, 'Oh, I just don't want to see that,' " he laughed, adding that he couldn't deal with seeing "me on the screen being a moron!"

It's probably a good thing, then, that Bower most definitely won't appear in the buff in the "Twilight" sequel, as he once joked to MTV. Further helping "New Moon" viewing matters is the fact that Bower, as he pointed out with a chuckle, doesn't have a whole lot in common with the bloodsucking vampire he plays. It took many a 4:30 a.m. call time to maintain Caius' meticulously coiffed and dyed 'do.

"I saw a lot of me in the ['Prisoner'] character," he said. "And playing Caius, there is none of me in there. I just don't eat people! It's nice to know. You're safe."

Check out everything we've got on "The Twilight Saga: New Moon."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.



‘New Moon’ Featurette Shows How Robert Pattinson Fights VolturiDizzee Rascal and Lily Allen co headline arena dates