Sunday, September 12, 2010

Justin Long Shares His 'Die Hard 5' Ideas

The last time we heard any news on "Die Hard 5," Bruce Willis assured us that an official green-light for the film was "imminent." Given that small but hopeful tidbit, when we caught up with Willis' "Live Free or Die Hard" co-star Justin Long recently, we had to ask whether the "Going the Distance" star had yet been approached to reprise his role in the fifth film.

"I had a meeting recently at Fox about doing a romantic [comedy]," Long recalled. "And the guy in the office next door, he was in charge of the new 'Die Hard,' [so] I said, 'Do you mind if I pop my head in?' So I met him and I was like, 'Ummm?' " the actor explained, gesturing with his hands in a motion that suggested "What about me?"

"He was equally vague in his gesture back to me," Long said. "So I didn't get a good feeling that I was going to be a part of the imminent 'Die Hard.' I don't know if I'm going to get my hands on it." He added, "I would love to."

Whether the film happens with or without Long is still up for debate. Regardless, Long offered up some unique ideas regarding a possible story line for the fifth film.

"For a while, there was talk of, they were going to combine 'Die Hard' with '24,' " Long said. "It was going to be Kiefer Sutherland's character in it [to which we responded with a very suspicious, raised brow]. I'm not kidding!" Long insisted. "I think there was a script that had been imminent," he said seriously — and then veered off course completely. "Now it's going to be 'Die Preciously Hard,' so it's going to be Gabourey Sidibe and Bruce teaming up, finally," Long joked.

Perfect. Bruce Willis and Gabourey Sidibe in a "Die Hard" movie ... it's about time!

"That's what the fans are saying, it's about time! It's 'Die Hard Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire.' "

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more -- updated around the clock -- visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.



Justin Bieber wants David Beckham to give him soccer lessonsJustin Long ‘Would Love To’ Star In ‘Die Hard 5′