Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lucas Till 'Couldn't Really Eat' Before Meeting Miley Cyrus

It's "Hannah Montana" Week here at MTV News! Check back here every day leading up to the flick's Friday opening for exclusive Miley Cyrus interviews, videos and more.

Lucas Till didn't think he had any chance of scoring the role of Travis Brody in "Hannah Montana: The Movie" opposite Miley Cyrus. In fact, when he sent his tape to the "Hannah" casting agents, he didn't think he'd hear back from them.

"I actually put myself on tape in Atlanta thinking, 'Yeah, right. This isn't going to happen,' " he told MTV News. "Then a couple days later, I got a call back to go to Nashville, and I was like, 'Wow, what? But it's still not going to happen.' A couple days later, I got a call saying I'm flying out to Los Angeles to screen-test with Miley. My head was blown at that point."

The 18-year-old admitted that "the full week before I met her, I couldn't really eat much," but it paid off, because now he gets to play Miley's big-screen boyfriend.

The role is throwing Till into the spotlight, and he isn't sure he's ready for the kind of fame that Miley has. "I would like to be on her level of fame but with respect," he said, referencing her lack of privacy. "I don't see that and say, 'Yeah, that's what I want.' I don't want to have anything to do with that, just the fame without personal respect for your privacy."

In addition to "Hannah Montana," Till also starred as the young Johnny Cash in "Walk The Line" and is poised to star alongside Jackie Chan in "The Spy Next Door," which he called a "dream come true. I got to work on that with my idol," he said of Chan. "When I was a kid, I loved Jackie Chan. And [I'm] even still kind of freaking out about it."

Till had to get a bit physical in the film. "I did have to do some stunt work," he said. "Extremely intimidating working with the master. He's such a hard worker. He's a very nice guy, but when it comes to getting the work done, he gets it done. I would love to be in shape like he is when I'm his age."

Check out everything we've got on "Hannah Montana: The Movie."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.




‘Camp Rock’ Star Alyson Stoner Reveals The Real Jonas Brothers