Monday, August 11, 2008

Chris Brown Talks About His 'Killer' Role In T.I.-Produced Flick 'The Heist'

When you think of Chris Brown, you might think of a smiling R&B heartthrob. But all that could change when "The Heist," which begins production in September, comes out.

In it, he'll be playing a murderous bank robber.

"It's a movie called 'The Heist' that I'm doing with T.I., Idris Elba and Matt Dillon," he told MTV News recently at the Teen Choice Awards, where he walked away with four awards.

He kept further details close to his chest. "I'm playing a killer. I'm not going to give anything else away!" he said. "It's a bank-robbing movie, so it's one of those action-packed films. You get a little different side of me in that movie."

Those ideas were also put forth by T.I. when MTV News spoke with him about this and other film projects back in June.

"You can definitely expect action, definitely," he said. "It will be very entertaining.

"It's a new-age, young, hip-hop [version of] 'Heat,' " Tip continued, referring to the 1995 flick that brought Robert De Niro and Al Pacino together. "These are young, cool, well-dressed, articulate bank robbers. [Chris] be the little homey."

But "Heist" isn't the only movie Brown is adding to his résumé. He's also expected to start work on several other movies, including "Traded" and the basketball flick "Phenom," both of which are slated for release next year.

Brown has said he hopes his acting will make him a better performer when it comes to his live shows. "At the end of the day, I'm going to focus on my music first," he said. "[But] me being onstage enhances me being in the movie, and then me being in the movie — acting, catching characters — gives me time to transform into a different character onstage."

(Late Friday afternoon (August 8), Chris Brown's rep issued a statement saying that some unauthorized Chris music has leaked online, and that the songs are not completed.)

Chris Brown Talks About His 'Killer' Role In T.I.-Produced Flick 'The Heist'




Chris Brown’s Movie Career Heats Up, With T.I.-Produced Heist Movie, Shane Sparks Dance Flick On Horizon
See Marshall Lee from the upcoming Tekken movie