Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nikki Reed Compares Her Wedding To 'Breaking Dawn'

For the legions of "Twilight" fans, the year's biggest wedding is only a few days away, with "Breaking Dawn - Part 1" hitting theaters Friday. But for Nikki Reed, who plays Rosalie in the films, her biggest wedding took place about a month ago when she married former "American Idol" contestant Paul McDonald on October 16. While promoting the film, Reed has had to field a number a questions about similarities between Bella's wedding in the film and her own real-life wedding. "People have been asking, just because I just got married, 'What's the difference between your wedding and Bella ...?' — the whole comparing thing," Reed told MTV News. It wasn't until Reed actually saw the finished film that she discovered a similarity between the two weddings. "I saw the movie last night for the first time, and what Bella says to Charlie is exactly what I said to my dad right when we were going to start walking down," she revealed. "She says, 'Don't let me fall,' and I was wearing these high shoes and walking down this cobblestone hill, not a smooth glide to the altar. I kept saying to my dad, 'Please, don't let me fall. I'll just take my shoes off. I don't need to walk in shoes.' He's like, 'It's going to be OK.' " With her wedding came the question of whether Reed will change her surname to "McDonald." Reed said she likes the idea for her personal name, but wasn't sure if she'll change her stage name. "I don't know what I'm going to do. I feel like there's something really nice about that, changing your name," Reed said. "I think it's sort of traditional, and I've never been a super-traditional gal, but I think it's nice." She did express some concern over the name and referenced her husband's own problems with it. "He told me that he didn't think anyone was going to marry him for that exact reason [of his last name]," Reed said. "I think it's kind of nice, though. 'McDonald' is a good name. It's strong. It feels strong and beefy." Check out everything we've got on "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1." For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com. Ashley Greene, Kristen Stewart and Nikki Reed in "Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" Photo: Summit Entertainment