Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hailee Steinfeld, James Franco, Nicole Kidman Grateful For Oscar Nominations

As more and more of Hollywood woke up to the news of the Oscar nominations on Tuesday morning (January 25), the nominees themselves opened up about the recognition they'd received from the Academy.

"What an extraordinary journey this film has taken me on! 'Rabbit Hole' has been a labor of love and I'm so thankful to John Cameron Mitchell, David Lindsay-Abaire and the brilliant cast," Nicole Kidman said in a statement to MTV News about her Best Actress nod. "This nomination reflects all of the heart and soul that these people have put into it, and I can't thank them enough."

Oscar host James Franco finds himself a nominee at the show as well. He's up for Actor in a Leading Role for his role in "127 Hours." "I'm about to go to class," Franco said on the "Today" show. "I've got my normal pre-class makeup on, and there are some lights here. It's great."

Hailee Steinfeld also spoke to the "Today" show about her nomination for Actress in a Supporting Role for her part in "True Grit." "I was asleep and I heard my mom and dad screaming in the other room. They came in my room with flowers," she said. "It was very exciting. It's incredible. I'm in shock. The film overall is incredible. To be a part of it all was amazing. I'm so proud of it all."

"True Grit" directors/producers/writers Joel and Ethan Coen are up for Best Picture, Best Directing and Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay), but they didn't want to seem greedy about it. "Ten [nominations] seems like an awful lot," they told AwardsDaily.com. "We don't want to take anyone else's."

"The Fighter" star Melissa Leo was the first to speak to "Good Morning America" after her Supporting Actress nomination was announced. "What a thrill to share it with all of America right now," she said. "Love to my family. Love to Alice Ward [the real-life woman I play in the film]. Thank you guys so much! Alice, we're going to the Oscars!"

Leo also commented on Mark Wahlberg not receiving a nomination for his part in the film. "Right now, Mark Wahlberg, the most generous man I've ever met, is receiving all sorts of nominations. Every nomination is a nomination for Mark Wahlberg. There would be nothing without him," she added. "It was just incredible. The proof is in the pudding."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.



Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis Support Co-Star James Franco As Oscar Host