Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tom Felton Teases 'Powerful Scenes' In 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows'

The last time we checked in with Tom Felton, he was fresh off his MTV Movie Award win for Best Villain — including an awkward interruption courtesy of Mark Wahlberg — and celebrating the opening of Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. Since then, he's been hard at work filming a couple of new projects as well as starting up the intense promo campaign for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1."

When MTV News caught up with the man behind lovable/loathable villain Draco Malfoy, we went straight for the news: How much of Draco will we see in this first "Deathly Hallows" installment?

"It's a bit hard for me to say, as I haven't actually seen the film myself," he admitted. "So the last thing I want to do is give false hope to any Draco fans out there, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be some stuff with the Malfoy Manor.

"You actually see where Draco and his family live, which is hugely exciting. They're a very extravagant family," Felton continued. "[There are] very powerful scenes that happen there, so depending on where the cut is, which I'm very excited to find out as well. I'm excited to see how much Draco we see in the first one."

The plucky 23-year-old said that, although he has the opportunity to screen the film ahead of its world premiere in London next week, he prefers to avoid early viewings to add to the excitement. So what does he think of what he has seen?

"Again, it's hard for me to say, because some of my scenes are supposed to be in the middle, so I don't know whether they're going to be brought over to the second or brought over to the first [film], and the last thing I want to do is talk about the second one," he said.

Of the footage he has been privy to, however, Felton complimented the darker sides he's seen of his co-stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson.

"There's some great stuff I've seen between Dan, Rupert and Emma; it has a really different vibe to what they've had before," he said. "This whole perfect friendship thing kinda goes out the window, and some of the stuff they shot looks fantastic. Rupert, especially, I'm not used to him looking so mean or so angry. I only saw a snippet, but it looked fantastic, so I'm looking forward to seeing how their relationship plays out."

How do you think the relationships will play out? Tell us in the comments!

It's Harry Potter Week at MTV News! Stick with us all week for interviews, photos, videos and much more about your favorite boy wizard before "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" hits theaters November 19.

Check out everything we've got on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.



Rhys Ifans Up For ‘Spider-Man’ Villain