Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Nikki Reed Talks Top-Secret 'Breaking Dawn' Script

"Breaking Dawn" vampire Nikki Reed is one of the few people who have checked out the script for the upcoming "Twilight Saga" installment. And as the starlet tells it, the big wigs behind the flick are trying hard to keep it that way.

When MTV News chatted with Reed on the Scream Awards red carpet Saturday, she said the script is guarded so carefully that even well-known industry professionals have to jump through hoops to get a peek.

"They're definitely watermarked," Reed admitted of the script's security. "In fact, I work with an acting coach ... and I wanted her to obviously have a copy so that we could work together and it was a huge process. She's like a really well-respected coach."

It appears that studio execs are keeping such a close eye on the script for good reason, as Reed said filmmakers have knocked a great screenplay.

"I think that they've really mastered the art of translating these books and transferring every single element almost verbatim, yet it's obviously condensed because the book is endless," Reed said. "I didn't know how they were gonna conquer that challenge but they seem to have done it."

The actress said she is ready to tackle the script head-on as production gets underway for the 2011 release, and is amped to work with the flick's acclaimed director.

"Lots of fittings, no rehearsals yet [but] we head out there pretty soon. I'm really excited, I think Bill Condon is a genius," she said. "I've only spoken to him on the phone but his love and devotion has sort of bled into [other parts of the production] because I've had wig fittings and wardrobe fittings here and you feel his presence even though I haven't spent any time with him one on one."

As Reed continues to ride out her role as Rosalie in the "Twilight" series, the actress reflected on the experience so far and said she's satisfied with her contribution to the onscreen phenomenon.

"If it all ends tomorrow for me I'm happy because I feel like I've been a part of things that I'm really proud of [and] that I'm really grateful for," she said.

Check out everything we've got on "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn".



‘Breaking Dawn’ To Film In Louisiana And Vancouver