Monday, January 18, 2010

Anna Kendrick 'Thrilled' To Be In Golden Globes 'Nomination Bubble'

First-time Golden Globes nominee Anna Kendrick might have lost to "Precious" star Mo'Nique on Sunday night (January 17), but at least the "Up in the Air" actress got some great advice from Dame Helen Mirren.

"Honestly, being here tonight [is an honor]," she told MTV News on the Globes red carpet. "Helen Mirren actually said this really lovely thing about being in the nomination bubble and how it ends tonight or it ends tomorrow whether you win or lose. So I'm just happy to be here and enjoy being in the bubble."

Despite her "Twilight" gig and starring alongside a Hollywood heavyweight like George Clooney in "Up in the Air," Kendrick is not jaded enough to be anything but overwhelmed by awards season.

"I'm thrilled to be here," she marveled on the rainy red carpet. "Everybody looks so beautiful. Rain or shine, it's unbelievable.

"I mean, it's funny, 'cause I think you don't get over celebrities as a collective," she continued. "You know, now I'm over [fellow Globe nominee] George [Clooney]. He's a guy to me. He's just the guy that teases me mercilessly, but everybody else ... I just got to meet Helen Mirren. I thought my heart was going to explode. I'm very, very intimidated by everyone here."

As if getting advice from Mirren weren't enough, Kendrick also got a chance to chat with Morgan Freeman. "I met Morgan Freeman, and I sounded like such an idiot," she laughed. "I don't even know if I completed a sentence in front of him. I was trying to tell him how well he comes off [in speeches]. I can't even complete a sentence talking about Morgan Freeman."

Check out everything we've got on "Up in the Air."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.



Westlife to hit the road againAnna Kendrick Nominated For Supporting Actress Golden Globe